Do I have to pay child and/or spousal support if I was in a common law relationship?

Spousal support: If your relationship meets the definition of “Common Law”, you may be entitled to spousal support or be obligated to pay spousal support to your former partner.

Child Support: Child support is the right to the child and whether the parties have been married or are in common law relationship, every parent has a legal duty to support their children.

Category: FAQ