In a common-law relationship if a partner brought children to the relationship, where one is not the biological parent,will the partner who is not the parent have to pay child support if the relationship ends

Courts are concerned with the best interest of the child. So, if the partner has been acting as a mother or father (parent) to someone else’s children, it may be required to pay child support.

Category: Myths & Facts